Welcome to the Dyson Sphere Program's Wiki!
Dyson Sphere Program is a sci-fi simulation game with space, adventure, exploration and factory automation elements where you can build your own galactic industrial empire from scratch.
You play as a space engineer in charge of a project launched by the space alliance COSMO, tasked with a massive undertaking: constructing Dyson Spheres (a megastructure that would orbit around a star, harnessing all its power and energy) to produce the energy that humanity needs. Only a few decades ago, Dyson Spheres were considered a hypothetical, impossible invention – but now it’s in your hands… Will you be able to turn a backwater space workshop into a galaxy-wide industrial production empire?
Have some Questions? Check out our FAQ, which was totally copied from the Steam one!
Good Starting Points
We are working on redesigning this Main Page with easy access to the most interesting topics on the wiki, but for now you can use the Topics section of the left-hand Sidebar for some landing pages. We've also listed some useful pages here:
- Items -- a collector page showing every item in the game. Click an item icon to go to that item's detail page.
- Fuels -- a reference of the various Fuel Sources in the game.
- Technologies -- a collector page showing every tech in the game. Click a tech's name to go to that tech's detail page.
- Upgrades -- a collector page of all Upgrades in the game. Click an upgrade's name to go to that upgrade's detail page.
- Starting Seeds -- community-contributed World Generation seeds and what sort of conditions they provide.
- Quick Start -- a quick-start guide for getting started quickly and efficiently in the game
- Mechanics -- a collection of various articles relating to game mechanics.
- Layouts -- Community-contributed layouts that you can use for efficient factory design. (At least until they add Blueprints to the game)
- Dyson Sphere -- Describes what a Dyson Sphere is, how to build one in game, and some of the mathematics behind them in the game.
- Keybindings -- all current/default keybindings in the game.
- Modding:Modding -- Helpful articles for modders looking to mod the game - (Note that Modding is currently "at your own risk" - official modding support is on the game's roadmap.)
How can I help?
We are working hard to add content as quickly as we can, but any good wiki grows based on the contributions of its readers, so if you see something lacking, go ahead and pitch in! We'd really appreciate the help! If you want to help out but don't know where to start, Take a look at DSP_Wiki:Plan for our roadmap, and DSP_Wiki:How_to_help for ways to help no matter what your experience level!