DSP Wiki will keep the patch notes for the most recent major patch and any minor patches that follow listed on this page. Looking for older ones? Head over to Patch Notes Archive!
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.27.14546 - September 27th, 2022
The September update is here as promised! Today we bring you the promised new features of the logistics system, and *some performance optimization. Hope you enjoy them!
- If you haven't seen it yet, check out the latest trailer of Combat system, check it out on YouTube
- A new distribution logistics system has been added. Its function is to distribute items between Storage ↔ Icarus / Storage ↔ Storage.
- Added new items: [Logistics Distributor] and [Logistics Bot]. Technology and recipe have been implemented.
- New optional function: Transport unit replenishment. It is shown in the panel of Logistics Stations and Logistics Distributors. When turned on, the corresponding item in Icarus' inventory will be automatically placed to the slot when performing the following three actions: opening the panel, copying and pasting building settings, and applying a Blueprint included this option. In Sandbox Mode, the number of the item will always be locked to the maximum.
- Added new technology [Mesoscopic Quantum Entanglement] and new advanced chemical facility [Quantum Chemical Plant] - Faster than the primary one!
(Please know that the [Quantum Chemical Plant]'s model is not yet implemented. It is currently, temporarily shown as a chemical plant model with a different color scheme.)
- Optimized the computational consumption of working Logistics vessel (approx. 40% reduction in CPU time).
- Optimized the computational consumption of Small Carrier Rockets in space and reduced the number of model vertices (approx. 50%/30% reduction in CPU/GPU time).
- You can now set in the Dyson Sphere Editor to not rendering the model of Small Carrier Rocket. If you do so, the GPU consumption of Small Carrier Rockets can be reduced by 80%! Well, the only disadvantage is the rocket itself will disappear, only its tail flame remains - a helpful option when you have 10k+ rockets flying, and keep a spectacular space view as well!
- Optimized the computational consumption for running manufacturing construction. Such as Assembling Machine, Smelter, and Chemical Plant (approx. 25% less CPU time).
- Coordinate input is now supported when creating nodes in the Dyson Sphere Editor. No longer normalize the coordinates (on the panel) to the orbital sphere.
- Added some UI sounds that should have been there.
- Added exit button to the top right corner of the item selection, recipe selection and icon selection panels.
- The number of item columns in the Planetary Logistics Station: 3 → 4
- Logistics Drone movement speed in the Logistic Station lane will increase with the upgrade.
- Fixed the bug that after the engine level of Logistics Vessel was upgraded to level 200 and higher, it could not dock at the Orbital Collector on Gas Giant due to its excessive speed.
- Fixed the bug that the prompt text of "cargo filter" in the Traffic Monitor was displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed the bug that opening the stats panel in space may trigger an error prompt.
- Fixed the bug that the translucent background UI of Dyson Sphere Editor may be opaque.
- Fixed the bug that the latitude and longitude of node coordinates input in the Dyson Sphere Editor may not displayed correctly.
- Fixed the bug that in Sandbox Mode, after fast travel from planet A to planet B, the construction sound FX of planet A may still be played.
- Fixed a bug that in Sandbox Mode, if Icarus fast travel to space while mining, he may still mining (animation).
- Fixed a bug that in Sandbox Mode, when fast travel to a planet in the Star Map, it may directly attached to the surface of the planet.
- Fixed the bug that in Sandbox Mode, when fast travel to a planet in the Star Map, the planet did not load in some cases.
- Fixed the bug that the mineral UI may report errors in multi-threaded mode.
- Fixed the bug that it may report error when the number of power grids on a single planet reaches 512.
- Fixed the bug that in extremely difficult mode, 1) the actual consumption of Crude Oil Seep did not change with upgrades when the mineral utilization level was lower than 22; 2) Crude Oil Seep lower than level 22's actual consumption was less than original design. Some settings had to be modified, they are:
- In Minimal Resource Mode, the initial production of Crude Oil Seep is reduced to 50% of other multipliers (in the past, the initial production of the same Crude Oil Seep is the same in all multipliers) (it will only take effect in New Game); the initial half-life period is 5 hours, which 1.1 times the consumption rate of 0.5x resource multipliers (effective directly after the update)
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.26.13026 - June 17th, 2022
We have released some fixes and updates for the Error report and quick-move related features in Sandbox Mode.
Have a great weekend!
- The logic behind viewing mineral details in the Starmap has been remade. Now you can see the exact mineral count information if the required tech is unlocked. For planets you have already explored, you can directly view its mineral count.
- Adjusted the physical spacing for planting minerals in Sandbox Mode so that it can be applied in most grids that are not too narrow.
- Dismantling a Logistics Station could result in a red error under certain circumstances.
- When the resolution height and UI reference height were different, the indication circle for fast traveling in the Starmap (with the right mouse button) was different from the actual mouse position.
- Fixed an error when automatically combining the RAM of solar sails.
- The shortcut key for quick transferring items no longer conflicts with sorter switching filter hotkey.
- Fast traveling to planets in other galaxies with vein distribution display turned on now correctly.. displays the vein distribution for that planet.
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.26.12913 - June 13th, 2022
Brief Announcement: We fixed some Sandbox Mode bugs! \Have fun!/
- Fixed a bug in Sandbox Mode that the number of cargos generated by the Traffic Monitor may overflow.
- Fixed a bug in the Star Map of Sandbox Mode that Icarus may appeared at the center of the planet after fast moving to a planet.
- Fixed a bug in the Star Map of Sandbox Mode that Icarus may became smaller or even disappear after fast moving to a planet.
- Fixed a bug that some formula data may be misjudged.
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.26.12891 - June 10th, 2022
Good evening engineers! The update is coming as promised!
This update covers the [Minimal Resource Multiplier] (regarded as an [extremely difficult mode]) and the [Sandbox mode]. Whether you are a workaholic engineer or ready to create a scene in the Dyson sphere universe, both can find new ways to work and play!
We will continue to refine and polish the two new modes launched today, as well as experiment with the recipe (see "balance" section). We are looking forward to hear you from Discord and Google Form.
- New Planet: [Savanna] A temperate planet and its vegetation is added. (Only available in New Game)
- New Planet: [Pandora Swamp] A temperate planet and its vegetation is added. (Only available in New Game)
- New Planet: [Crystal Desert] A desert planet and its special terrain is added. Rare Grating Stone is featured on this planet. (Only available in New Game)
- New Planet: [Frozen Tundra] A frozen planet and its special terrain is added. (Only available in New Game)
- Added 2 new subtypes of [Ice Field Gelisol] planets. (Available in existing savedata)
- One-key Solar Sail Deletion: You can delete all solar sails in a planetary system, or all solar sails in the orbit of a selected Dyson swarm with one click.
- Added a new technology [Reformation Refining] which follows the [X-ray Cracking]. This technology will unlock the reforming refining formula for refined oil production
- Added [Dithering] effect switch in the screen settings.
- Added [Minimal Resource Multiplier] : 10% resource multiplier on initial planet, and 7% basic resource multiplier on other planets. The bonus of galaxy remoteness on mineral quantity are also reduced.
- Added [Sandbox Mode]. This mode can be selected in the 'New Game' and create savedata for Sandbox Mode. You can also load an existing savedata in the Sandbox mode to continue the gameplay progress under it.
- (Sandbox mode) Fast Travel: Icarus is able to fast move on planets and among planets.
- Technology Group Unlock: You can unlock most of the technology at once in Tech Tree.
- Instant technology unlock: All technologies can be unlocked directly in Sandbox Mode.
- Directly generation/removal of cargos by Traffic Monitor: You can set the Traffic Monitor and produce/consume the specified items at the corresponding speed.
- Item acquisition: You can directly obtain the items you want by enable this function in Replicator.
- Common item acquisition: You can get one stack of each types of frequently used item in Replicator.
- One-key inventory empty function: You can clean up all items in the backpack with one key.
- Logistic Station Item Count Lock: You can lock specific item in the logistics station to a fixed amount.
- Mineral Customization Tool: You can directly generate and customize the type, location and reserves of minerals on the planet.
- Vegetation Planting Tool: You can plant vegetation freely on the surface of the planet.
- Surface Removal Tool: You can remove minerals or vegetation on the surface of the planet.
- Mecha Core Energy Lock: You can enable this function to keep Icarus' core full of energy!
- Fast Construction: You can modify the construction speed faster, even instant construction.
- Infinite Sand: Enable this function to enjoy unlimited sand storage!
- One-key Foundation Reformation: You can press a single button to lay a foundation on the surface of the whole planet while clearing all vegetation.
- One-key Terrain Restoration: You can press a button to restore the current planet's terrain and vegetation to its initial state.
- Biubiubiubiu: You can set the launch speed of the EM-Rail Ejector and Vertical Launching Silo to ten times the normal mode.
- POOOWWER: You can set the power generation of the Artificial Star to one hundred times the normal mode.
- Dyson Sphere Fast Construction: This function allows you to automatically and quickly build the planned Dyson swarm or Dyson shell.
- Dyson Swarm Manual Construction: Let Icarus hold the solar sail item in space, and left click any blank in space to manually launch the solar sail. Shoot me for Victory -- Icarus."
- The font of the numbers in the planetary/stellar information panel has been changed to equal-width font.
- Now you can use the right click to split items: (i) Press [ 0 ] ~ [ 9 ] [ ← ] to input the quantity directly; (ii) Hold [ SHIFT ] to split by the number of items stacked; (iii) [ + ] / [ - ] increase / decrease the number of items by 1 stack; (iv) Move the mouse vertically away from the pull bar to achieve a finer quantitative split.
- Optimize the memory usage of Solar Sail. Added the function of manually optimizing the memory usage of Solar Sail.
- Reduce the number of [Super-magnetic Ring] required for manufacturing [Miniature Particle Collider]: 50 -> 25
- The CentreBrain thought that the mining rate of Spiniform Stalagmite Crystal vein was too low and decided to increase the amount of Spiniform Stalagmite Crystals significantly: The demand for Spiniform Stalagmite Crystal in the Carbon Nanotube (Advanced) formula 2 -> 6, while the amount of product and manufacturing time remain same.
- The CentreBrain thought that the mining rate of Optical Grating Crystal vein was too low and decided to increase the amount of Optical Grating Crystals significantly: The demand for Optical Grating Crystal in the Casimir Crystal (advanced) formula 4 -> 8, while the amount of product and manufacturing time remain same.
(The above value adjustment is for the consideration of game balance and challenge. The game is still under EA, and the values will be further balanced to meet the new features and better gameplay experiences. Sorry for any inconvenience caused to your current game progress!)
- Fixed the bug that when choosing forced build when pasting blueprints, trying to match the sorter connection might report an error.
- Fixed the bug that solar sail vapors sometimes appear inside neutron stars.
- Fixed a bug where the sorter logic determinism was not working: when Icarus was or was not on the local planet, the logic of the sorter's operation would produce inconsistencies, which in turn led to a series of chain reactions such as a drop in yield.
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.25.12201 - May 12th, 2022
We are back from our holidays! The metadata system has been enhanced this time, as well as some improved hint mechanisms. Getting right to the point, let's take a look at the content:
- The [Metaverse] in the metadata can now realize into other five super matrix.. matrix.
- New construction hint: With pre-built mining machines, the number of minerals covered and the estimated mining speed will be displayed.
- Added anomaly detection and hints for "previous exit" savedata. If a crash occurs, this hint can help you find the most recent and relevant autosave.
- Reduced the size of the model and collision of the Piler. Now you can build Pilers closer to each other.
- Fixed a Splitter bug where the filter settings were not correctly reset after deleting an exit conveyor with filter settings.
- Fixed a bug in the Logistics Station where it would force the delivery of other demanded items when the Logistic Drone mission were changed, due to the supply and demand settings, regardless of whether the item was currently fully stocked or not.
- Fixed a bug in the Milkyway where the power generation amount of Dyson Sphere may be displayed incorrectly after a second refresh.
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.25.12077 - April 29th, 2022
- Optimized the logic for generating Dyson Sphere blueprint.
- Fixed the bug where, due to the rendering order of Dyson sphere coloring grid, the atmosphere could not cover the Dyson sphere.
- Fixed the bug where the blueprint information interface could not be filled in when the backpack items were changed.
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.25.11997 - April 24th, 2022
Hi Engineers, Seriously, we just patched a patch to patch for the last patch...
- Fixed the bug that using blueprints before version 0.8.21.8562 may cause a crash if the blueprint contains vertically stacked buildings.
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.25.11996 - April 22nd, 2022
We noticed some bugs that affected gameplay experience, so we pushed out urgent fixes.
As we continue to monitor yesterday's update, please leave comments or join the community to share your thoughts!
- Fixed the bug of abnormal power consumption of Advanced Mining Machine.
- Fixed the bug that the Dyson frame coloring scheme could not be saved properly.
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.25.11985 - April 21st, 2022
\The Patch has arrived on time!/
A special asset called [metadata] is the main content in this update. It can be used across all save files with different [cluster addresses] to buyout (quickly unlock) the matrix technology for the corresponding save file. We would like to explain the basic information about this special asset in a quick #metadata-faq
- The Dyson Shell and Dyson Swarm can now be colored. Added coloring function for Dyson Shell & Dyson Swarm.
- New asset: [Metadata]. Metadata can be obtained by mass-producing Matrices. In the current version, it is used for technology instant unlocking (buyout). Once the Metadata is obtained in one game, it can be counted and used in another game across cluster seeds.
- Added an operation of quick transferring items. It can be applied to all kinds of buildings. You can hold [CTRL] and click the building to fill/take items, or press [Tab]/[`~] when the building panel is open.
- Added pop-up briefing panels for buildings. This feature has been applied to all buildings. Hovering the mouse over a building will show the current status of the building.
- New function in Blueprint Paste Mode: Press the [Tab] key to toggle the mouse anchor position.
- New function in Blueprint Paste Mode: When the blueprint indicates that it is not buildable, press [Shift+Enter] to force plan the buildable part.
- New function in Blueprint Paste Mode: In Blueprint Paste Mode, the memo icon marked on the conveyor belt when making blueprints will be displayed.
- Added 3 new Dyson shell pattern styles.
- Added 2 new background music scores for Ice Field Gelisol planets, Gobi planets, and other desert planets.
- 15 new icicle models and ice decorations for Ice Field Gelisol planets. This content is visible in the new game or old savedata if the Ice Field Gelisol planet has been found yet.
- The research queue now shows a detailed description of technology when hovering over the technology icon.
- Tutorials added: added more tips and guidelines for the construction process of Sorters, Conveyor Belts, Matrix Labs, and Planetary Logistics Stations.
- Added button prompts to the interface for upgrade and delete functions.
- The shortage of buildings and facilities will be shown in red in the Blueprint Browser if you do not have enough buildings and facilities in your inventory to restore the Blueprint.
- A change to the foundation style selection UI: when a player clicks on a foundation that is undecorated, the foundation texture style next to it will not be reset.
- The Orbital Collector panel will display the speed of resource collection; The Gas Giant's base output rate will be displayed to 4 decimal places.
- Optimized the emission effect of lava rubbles on Lava planets.
- When Water Pumps and Oil Extractors output exceeds the maximum capacity of Conveyor Belt MK.III, the new output will be automatically piled.
- When product buildup exceeds 60% of the capacity, Mining Machines (2 types), Water Pumps and Oil Extractors will gradually reduce the yield to reduce the overall power consumption.
- Fixed a bug where when building Advanced Mining Machines, the collision volume of other Advanced Mining Machines may not be detected and resulting in overlapping builds.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error message when applying a copied recipe to an Advanced Mining Machine pre-build vanity.
- Fixed a bug where an SSAO effect was displayed incorrectly when sailing near Dyson Shell.
- Fixed a bug that could cause abnormal Proliferate Points when dismantling Fractionators.
- Fixed a bug in Blueprint Paste Mode, where blueprints that cross the tropic line would automatically snap when crossing the equator, causing the build grid to fail to match.
- Fixed a bug in Blueprint Paste Mode, where the detection of conveyor belt collision with minerals was abnormal.
- Fixed a bug in New Blueprint Mode, where copying a facility near 180 degrees longitude and less than half a grid may resulted in coordinate anomalies.
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.24.11271 - January 26th, 2022
It's 5 days until the Chinese New Year holidays. Happy Chinese Tiger's Year to everyone!
- Optimized build operations for Conveyor Belts, Spray Coaters, and Traffic Monitors. Now the Conveyor Belts can automatically snap to the ports on Spray Coaters correctly.
- Added arrows from the Proliferator to the item icons appearing in the facilities panels.
- Fixed the bug where the camera operations in the Dyson Sphere Editor and the Mecha Customization Editor were not compatible with key mappings.
- Fixed the bug where the proliferate points of trash cubes were calculated incorrectly.
- Fixed the bug where the item icons in the panel of some construction facilities were not calculated by rounding down.
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.24.11240 - January 25th, 2022
We just fixed a few bugs.
- Modified the algorithm for splitting proliferate points when splitting, consuming, and shipping stacked items. The algorithm has been changed from rounding up to rounding down (the rounding down method will prioritize consuming/splitting the parts that don't have Proliferators to bring a better experience).
- Optimized the manufacturing logic of Assemblers and Smelters under proliferated conditions.
- Modified the way the enhanced fuel works when put into the power station: If it is normal fuel, the same value of energy and power will be increased; if it is an Antimatter fuel rod, then only the power will be increased and the total energy will remain the same.
- Optimized the construction of the Spray Coater and adjusted the building collision range of the it.
- Fixed the bug where the panel of the Ray Receiver might reported an error after putting in the enhanced gravitational lens.
- Fixed the bug where the enhanced Antimatter fuel rods might increase the actual output energy (extra produced Antimatter fuel rods can only increase the power)
- When the number of Logistic Drones in the Logistics Station exceeds 75, the frequency of Drones' departure will increase to 6/s
- Reduction of the time for the production of deuterium from hydrogen at the Miniature Particle Collider: 5s -> 2.5s
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.24.11209 - January 21st, 2022
We just fixed A-Little-Bugs, hope you have a nice weekend with Icarus!
- Fixed a bug that it may report an error placing pro-building ghost when applied Blueprints from pervious version.
- Fixed a bug that the upper limit of the Traffic Monitor was when it was actually 7200.
- Fixed a bug that the Dyson Shell refreshing may delay after a style changing.
- Fixed a bug when multiple sorters fed mixed cargos into a multi-storey storage, some sorters would stop working when the first storage was full.
- Fixed a bug in Tech Tree when the predecessor of a technology was the max level of a stacked tech.
- Now you will see an error message if the mining machine is covering more than one veins.
- Fixed bugs that some production data was misjudged as abnormal.
Early Access Patch Version: 0.9.24.11182 - January 20th, 2022
Major Update "The Icarus' Evolution" is Now Available
Dear Dyson sphere engineers,
The first major update in 2022 "The Icarus' Evolution" is already available. The Mecha Customization, Advanced Mining Machine, and Dyson sphere Blueprint... New content is ready for your exploration.
Thank you for your love and support towards us in the previous 1 year. You guys are always the unique light of the Dyson sphere universe to us, engineers!
- Remade Dyson Sphere editor.
- Remade inner logistics of Dyson shell and its performance is greatly optimized (Dyson shells in your old savedata can also gain a 10% increase in power generation if you load it after this update) .
- Added Dyson Sphere blueprint system.
- Added Dyson Sphere layer hiding function.
- Added new styles of Dyson sphere frame and Dyson shell.
- Added Spray Coater. It can be built on the conveyor belt and it can spary the Proliferator onto the cargos.
- Added Proliferator. Cargos can receive Proliferator points when they are sprayed. The Proliferator points brings several kinds of buff to the production.
- Added Automatic Piler. IIt will automatically stack 2 consecutive incoming cargos from the low port and output 1 stacked cargo at the high port, and greatly increase the capacity of conveyor belt.
- Added logistic station integrated logistics technology. Now you can select the cargo stack count in the station panels.
- Added Geothermal Power Station. Now you can generate power from the magma.
- The capacity of Logistic Drones and Vessels are increased, and the upper limit of logistics station storage is also increased.
- Added Advanced Mining Machine. Now you can set the speed of mining and it can be placed more freely.
- Added 3 preset Mecha appearances in Mecha Customization system.
- Added 30 materials in Mecha Customization system.
- Added model and textures of Spray Coater.
- Added model and textures of Automatic Piler.
- Added model and textures of Geothermal Power Station.
- Added model and textures of Advanced Mining Machine.
- Added frame and animation of Mecha wings. It need to be created and applied in Mecha editor.
- Added LOD1 and LOD2 to Storage Tank and optimized its GPU efficiency.
- Added parameter of "Longitude of (AN)" in planet information panel.
- Added 6 new Background Music. They are applied in main UI, Dyson sphere planetary system, black hole planetary system, initial planet, Water Planet and planetary industrial complex.
- Increased the maximum number of the total amount of production and consumption(2147483648 -> 9223372036854775808).
- Increased the maximum number of stacked for several items.
- Increased the maximum number of logistics drones in the Interstellar Logistics Station from 50 to 100.
- A brand new server for Milky Way System (with some error data clarified)
- Fixed a bug that items may appear out of nothing when manually placing items in the assembler interface.
- Fixed a bug that ESC button not working when the loading of Milky Way failed.
- Some English translations were corrected.
- Fixed the some shader conflict between blackhole and Dyson shells.
Thank you for your continuing support! You can send your feedback in Discord and Google Form! See you next time!
If you're looking for patch notes from an older patch, we have them in our Patch Notes Archive!