The Traffic Monitor is built on the conveyor belt to monitor the real-time cargo flow rate at the corresponding location. Conditions can be set to trigger an alarm.
Player Tips & Tricks
The color of the panel on the top surface of the traffic monitor will change color depending on the monitor's state; Pass = green, Fail = red, Waiting = light grey. The flow is displaced on a 7 segment style of display one side of the monitor,
Cycle - the length of time (between 1 - 60 seconds; default 6) over which the rolling average of belt throughput is calculated; and over which the alert "pass cargo" and "no cargo" conditions are evaluated.
Target flow - the desired cargos per minutes flowing through the traffic monitor (between 0 and 7200 cargos). Tip: You can click on the number, to the right of the slider, and directly type in your desired target value.
Condition - the logical test that will compare the observed flow (the rolling average of cargos over the last cycle duration) to the target flow; to determine Pass or Fail. IF the logical test is true then the traffic monitor is Pass, if it is not true the traffic monitor is Fail, if less that one cycle duration has passed since the cycle length was adjusted or the traffic monitor was placed it is not yet either (and the colored panel atop its structure will be default light grey color)
- '=' (average and target flow are identical)
- '≠' (average and target flow are not identical)
- '≥' (average flow is greater than or equal to target flow)
- '>' (average flow is greater than target flow)
- '≤' (average flow is less than or equal to target flow)
- '<' (average flow is less than target flow)
Item filter - if you want the flow to be calculated only for one cargo type on the belt.
A global alert displays an icon inside a warning box at the top of the screen. A speaker alert sounds a noise. Once a global alert has been selected, clicking on the yellow triangle ! icon that appears (to the right of that dropdown box) will allow you to pick a different icon to be displayed when the alert is triggered.
Options to trigger an alert:
- None - no alert will be triggered.
- Fail - alert will trigger when traffic monitor is fail.
- Pass - alert will trigger when traffic monitor is pass.
- Pass cargo - alert will trigger when traffic monitor is pass AND at least 1 cargo has been through/under the traffic monitor during the last cycle duration (aka the belt wasn't empty for that entire time)
- No cargo - alert will trigger (regardless of pass/fail state) if no cargo has been through/under the traffic monitor during the last cycle duration (aka the belt was empty for that entire time)
- Fail and pass cargo - alert will trigger if the when traffic monitor is fail AND cargo has been through/under the traffic monitor during the last cycle duration (may occur if the belt is fully, or partially, jammed up; or just if a steady output is below the desired target rate)
- Fail and no cargo - alert will trigger if the when traffic monitor is fail AND no cargo has been through/under the traffic monitor during the last cycle duration (aka the belt was empty for that entire time)
Got a good tip or trick? Come suggest it on the Discord!