Crude Oil is one of the core basic resources. Fossils formed by marine organisms can gather as a liquid mineral deposit. It contains the chemical energy marine organisms accumulated during their lifetime. Can be used directly as fuel or processed for chemical raw material.
It is extracted from Crude Oil Seeps with an Oil Extractor.
As each Crude Oil Seep has it's own production rate, the below table is for a base rate of 1/s. Multiply accordingly for seeps with different rates.
Total is 5 + Veins Utilization Infinite level.
Player Tips & Tricks
- The amount of Crude Oil you get per second is dependant on the Crude Oil Seep you are extracting from.
- The starting planet typically has a total of around 30/s production split across all Crude Oil Seeps.
- Crude Oil burns for 1.48s in the Thermal Power Station when at full load, consuming 40.5 Crude Oil per minute.
- 4 MJ * 0.8 fuel efficiency / 2.16 MW = 1.48 s
- When producing energy, processing Crude Oil in an Oil Refinery via plasma refining produces more energetic products that account for the extra energy used in the process. So refining Crude Oil for energy generation purposes is better than burning Crude Oil.