Crude Oil is one of the core basic natural resources. Fossils formed by marine organisms can gather as a liquid mineral deposit. It contains the chemical energy marine organisms accumulated during their lifetime. Can be used directly as fuel or processed for chemical raw material.
It is extracted from Crude Oil Seeps with an Oil Extractor.
During the time that an Oil Extractor is operating, the Crude Oil Seep's production rate gradually decreases over time, according to its half-life, until it reaches a minimum production rate of 0.1/s. The default half-life is 12 hours, without the Veins Utilization upgrade. It is the time over which the production rate falls to half of the current value, if continuously mined.
As each Crude Oil Seep has its own production rate, the below table is for a base rate of 1/s. Multiply accordingly for seeps with different rates.
Total is 5 + Veins Utilization Infinite level.
Player Tips & Tricks
- The amount of Crude Oil you get per second is dependent on the Crude Oil Seep you are extracting from.
- The starting planet typically has a total of around 30/s production split across all Crude Oil Seeps.
- Crude Oil burns for 1.5s in the Thermal Power Station when at full load, consuming 40 Crude Oil per minute.
- 4.05 MJ * 0.8 fuel efficiency / 2.16 MW = 1.5 s
- When producing energy, processing Crude Oil in an Oil Refinery via plasma refining produces more energetic products that account for the extra energy used in the process. So refining Crude Oil for energy generation purposes is better than burning Crude Oil.
- Prior to Patch 0.7.18.6914, the production rate of Crude Oil Seeps did not decrease over time.